Wednesday 21 December 2011

Grizz Roar's Interview with Coltyn Hansen (Mike Mellings)


The Grizz Roar’s roving reporter Mike Mellings, caught up with speedster Coltyn Hansen of the Victoria Grizzlies. The 5”11’ 170lbs 19 year old rookie forward from Delta has 6 goals,6 assists and 12 PIM in 33 games with the Grizzlies this year

GR: What’s your favorite road arena?
CH: I like playing in Surrey, because it’s close to my hometown and I like the Olympic size ice

GR: Who’s your road roommate?
CH: Usually it’s Chase Kaiser

GR: Who’s the biggest prankster on the team?
CH: Woodyatt likes to go with the leaners on the hotel room doors.

GR: What’s your favorite professional team?
CH: Washington Capitals

GR Who’s your favorite NHL player?

CH: Alexander Ovechkin

GR: Which former or current NHL player do you try and model your game after?
CH: Mason Raymond, I can skate fast like him but need to learn to control the puck better at full speed

GR: What’s been the favorite hockey moment of your career so far?
CH: My first BCHL goal against Nanaimo earlier this year.

GR: What are your plans if pro hockey doesn’t work out?
CH: I want to go to university and then become a firefighter

GR: What’s your pre-game meal?
CH: Spaghetti with parmesan

GR: What do you feel is the biggest strength of your game?
CH: My speed

GR: Do you have any superstitions?
CH: I always put my left side equipment on before the right side.

GR: What age were you when you first started skating and playing hockey?
CH: Starred skating at 3 or 4 years old

GR: Who has the best and worst Movember mustache on the Grizzlies?
CH: The best is Jarryd Ten Vaanholt and the worst is Nolan De Jong, his is too blond.

GR: What’s the best piece of advice you would give a young player?
CH: Keep on working hard, even if you’re smaller don’t let anybody bring you down.

GR: What’s your favorite movie?
CH: Dumb and Dumber

GR: Who’s your favorite musician/band?

CH: Foo Fighters

GR: Who has had the most influence on your hockey career so far?
CH: My parents, they always encouraged me to go further

GR: As a former professional player himself, what has Coach Len Barrie taught you?
CH: He’s taught me that I still have lots of opportunity in hockey and that I need to use my speed as much as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment